Friday, February 27, 2015

Quotes from Peace Pilgrim

"A pilgrim is a wanderer with a purpose."

"A peace pilgrim accepts the way of love as the way of peace, and to depart from the way of love is to depart from the way of a peace pilgrim. (...) A peace pilgrim seeks not a multiplicity of material things, but a simplification of material well-being. (...) I walk until given shelter. I fast until given food. (p.125) (...) I simply rejoice to be able to follow the whisperings of a Higher Will. (...) I am sustained by the unending energy of the universe; this is who I really am! (...) My entire life has prepared me for this undertaking. This is my calling.This is my vocation.This is what I must be doing. I could not be happy doing anything else. (...) Although I have never asked for anything, God has provided me with everything along the way.Without ever asking for anything I’ve been supplied. I have faith that God will care for me, and God does provide my needs. I don’t in any way feel insecure because I don’t know where I will sleep at night, where or when I will eat next. (...) I feel beauty all around me and I see beauty in everyone I meet (...) For light I go directly to the Source of light, not to any of the reflections. (...) great blessings lie in store for those who are wise enough to quickly put into practice the highest light that comes to them. (pp. 127-128) (...) My appointed work is to awaken the divine nature that is within. This is my calling, to open doors of truth and make people think, to arouse others from their apathetic and lethargic state, and get them to seek out for themselves the inner peace which dwells within. (p. 128) (...) A pilgrim’s job of rousing people from their apathy and making them think may sometimes seem to come into conflict with a loving attitude toward people (p.146) (...) I make it possible for more light to come to me by living up to the highest light I have."

"Never think of any right effort as being fruitless - all right effort bears good fruit, whether we see results or not."

"If we fear nothing and radiate love, we can expect good things to come."

"I am not burdened by unnecessary possessions or meaningless activities. My life is full and good, but not overcrowded (...) I feel beauty all around me and I see beauty in everyone I meet "

In Light, Life and Love, another Peace Pilgrim :)

No comments: